Saturday, August 21

Oh to cosplay.... one day.

All this talk of Gamescon lately has got me wondering what I would cosplay as if I ever were to cosplay. Granted, I in no way have the body shape for any sort of that right now, it would take a lot of work and effort, but I'm pretty sure it would be worth it in the end. Plus my husband and I have already talked about how fun it would be to cosplay, and while he was thrilled with the idea of me dressing up like someone from a game or anime, he wasn't too keen on the hundreds of horny basement-dwellers gawking.

Anyway, back on track, it didn't take me long to decide what my cosplaying goal would be. Or at least the realm containing possible goals. The Prince of Persia series has always been my favorite, so I would have to go for either Farah or Elika. My only problem (besides me currently looking like a fat otaku) would be deciding which of the girls to go for. People have told me many times that I look a bit like Elika, from 2008's PoP:

Not a horrible choice, all things considered. She's dressed relatively decent, for a vidjagame chick anyways. I know I could do the hair, at least.












My second (and third, as it were) option is to be Farah. My only issue here is, would I play the Farah from Sands of Time or the Farah from The Two Thrones? They have some significant differences, and while I think I like the character of the Sands of Time Farah, I prefer the costume of the Two Thrones one.
 To the left here is the Farah from the Sands of Time. Her costume is simple, not too revealing (I'm loving the fact that her skirt goes to mid-thigh and I wouldn't have to wear anything..... drafty.
 If nothing else, I could definitely do the whole hairintheface thing. That's something I've always been good at.



 The Farah from the Two Thrones is a bit more complicated:

Instead of a costume that could be achieved with nothing but cloth, this Farah has some definite leather/metal action going on, something that could prove problematic. Her bow is a lot more detailed as well. Check out those weird patterns.

Also it looks like this skirt a bit more on the skimpy side, so I'd definitely have to make sure I was absolutely ready to go after portraying her.


In the end, I would probably go the lazy route and just go after Elika since her costume looks the simplest, but would that be unfair to poor Farah?

/sigh

No comments: