Saturday, January 8

The Masterwork

I love Minecraft. I've been playing for a few months now on a friend's multiplayer server, and I've enjoyed building my little creations. And I mean little seriously. Even my greatest work so far, my Elfstone Castle, is nothing compared to what I have just undertaken. I have taken a very basic floorplan of the Metz Cathedral and am working on building it in Minecraft. It will be rough. It will probably be ugly. Especially as I have no capabilities for stained glass and the Metz is known for its windows :(

I'm not sure if you can see the sheer size of this undertaking from this screenshot or not, but this is the basic groundwork for the structure. I will continue to post updates as I add bits and pieces, and maybe I will get it finished and make it beautiful.

The hardest part so far has been that I've had trouble counting out the grid appropriately and my measurements have been off. I finally think I got them right. You'd think, after almost 26 years, that I could learn to count in multiples of ten.

No comments: