Wednesday, June 20

The Windy Acres Ranch Riding Club

I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but I started fresh on the Landroval server, and have been leveling several characters there. On the whole I love the milder attitude and general slower pace of that server, and the RP events add a bit of spice to the now familiar Lotro experience.

One such event, which was loads of fun, was learning to ride dressage in formation. Anyone who has grouped with me on Gladden, or who has read much of this blog, will know that I am something of an obsessive horse collector with Indy. Seriously, she has about 70 of them. So this event was right up my alley. My only problem is that the Landroval Indy doesn't have that many horses. In fact, she only has about five or six. Time to go get some, I guess!
 
We learned spacing first, and a few terms, and the leader of the event, Kiralynn, taught us how to ride in several formation patterns. I get the feeling the person behind the character might actually do a lot of work with horses in real life. Aldekim beat out the time with a drum, and hearing the beat actually helped stay in time, as silly as that sounds.


It took a bit more practice than I would have expected, but it got easier as the night went on. We will continue meeting at least once  a week and will hopefully be ready for a performance soon!

Play on Landroval? Interested in joining the Riding Club? Check out the website and contact Kiralynn on Landroval in-game!

No comments: