Thursday, January 21

The Past Three Nights

1. I was in a room painted a strange mustard yellow color, sitting on a brown sofa that had seen better days. There were three or four other people in the room - but they were hazy - I don't think they mattered. A man came in, an older man in a suit, carrying a small cactus in a pot. This was one of those cacti that can grow tall and stay rather cylindrical - kind of like a miniature saguaro (sp?). Anyways, he set it down on the coffee table in front of me and then held a radio up to it. The radio was playing latin music very loudly, and the closer he held it the faster the cactus grew - up and up and up until it hit the ceiling. There was a vent in the ceiling but it was burning hot like there was a fire on the other side or something because every time the cactus would touch the vent it would shie away almost like it was in pain. Finally the cactus just turned and kept growing along the wall, until I threw a string of Christmas lights at it and it exploded into drips of white goo that peeled the paint off in strips. The man with the radio was very mad at me and so I jumped on a box of doughnuts and flew away. A bunch of emo kids yelled at me and told me I was horrible. Then I woke up.

2. We were opening up a farm, trying to start a new life, and our animals had just arrived. We had a goat, a rabbit, two chickens and a rooster. I was carrying one of the chickens to its pen when I dropped it and instantly, the bird died. Immediately the rooster came over and just stood by the body of the dead hen, staring at it like he was sad. Allison came up and told me the rooster was mourning for the hen. Then she pushed me into the rabbit pen. It was very muddy and slippery and I couldn't get out. Allison was standing on the walkway above me, throwing feed down at me and telling me to eat, but as it fell down the feed changed to manure and I was covered in it. Then Barney Fife showed up and shot our goat. Then I woke up.

3. I was being held captive in a hotel on the beach by a witch - a fat ugly witch much like one of the sisters in Spirited Away. There was a little girl there with me, who kept urging me to do everything the witch said or horrible things would happen to me. I ignored her, and then the witch turned both me and the little girl into stuffed animals. I remember the feeling of being turned into a toy because the stuffing came up my throat and it was very difficult to talk. Then she forgot which of us was which and she killed the little girl by ripping her into pieces. I was terrified while I watched her and have never felt so helpless in my life. Then she turned me back into myself and I managed to escape by climbing out of the window, but the road dissappeared and I was in the middle of the ocean. Then suddenly I was on a pier with my family, eating grilled fish. Then I was at my grandparents' house, in the back, with a horse someone had just given me. It was grey and kind of small but this was the first horse that I was able to ride in my dreams. Normally they are so small my feet drag the ground, but this one was only a little small and I managed to stay on. I was so happy that I stayed on the horse that I named her Anchor (strange, huh?) and then helped my family rebuild the fence so the horses (apparently everyone had gotten one) would have a safe place to stay. I was digging through the loam, trying to clear away the mess when I found some old latches for the fence from when mom used to keep her horse there. They were brass and still shiny. There were also some latches shaped like elephants, but they looked ugly so I left them in the loam. Then I woke up.

No comments: