Wednesday, April 14

The Spring Festival: Happy Feet

During each seasonal festival participants have the chance to learn eight dances, two for each race. These can be earned by finding the appropriate "Dance Master" and then waiting around for the dance to start. Once it begins, you simply follow the leader's instructions by dancing the appropriate steps (either /dance1, /dance2, or /dance3, all of which are very silly) until he/she announces the dance is done, upon which you can claim your reward - a shiny new emote!!

The only drawbacks to these dances are that the same eight dances are available at all four festivals - I feel as though there should be unique dances for each festival, but perhaps Turbine thinks that would be too much dancing. Another drawback is that you cannot leave the dance area once you accept the quest, or it will automatically fail you. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but as the dances have about twenty minutes between them, unless you arrive right on schedule you could be standing around doing nothing for a good while, when you could be out questing.

All in all I like the dances, and tonight I finally got the last of my eight dances on Indrabar. Why it has taken me a year and five festivals to get these I do not know, don't ask.


Yes, this is me dancing. I told you they were silly-looking.

No comments: