Tuesday, March 2

Agriculturally Speaking

Out of all my nine characters in LotRO, only two of them are farmers. There is good reason for that, as farming is probably the most tedious and time-consuming of crafts. It's not difficult or even very expensive, it just takes a very, very, very long time. I have already reached Supreme Master Farmer with Indrabar, and so if I need something grown, I try to let Thyrra do it, since she's still pretty low.

The only problem is, the last time I went farming, something scary was watching me:
Just kidding. The rabbit belongs to me. I had him out because when I took this picture was taken he was the only fluffy, non-combat pet I had. Plus it seemed appopriate to have a rabbit in the fields, even if he is terribly scurry looking. His name is NastyPointyTeeth, because I don't really like rabbits. Because they are scary... and that is all I am going to say about that.

Last night they updated some of the different crafts (thank you Turbine!) and my sis learned how to farm. I don't think she likes it very much....
She's not actually doing in this pic other than standing there looking cool. I think I was explaining farming to her. Notice I have a new pet too - no more rabbits yay! This is my turtle Nanu. He's kind of ugly ^.^

One of the aspects they changed about farming yesterday was that certain ingredients which before could only be bought from suppliers and vendors (at a very expensive price!) can now be only grown by farmers (for much cheaper!). One of those things which can be grown is the Shire Apple:

See? This is the first apple tree I ever grew. I am very proud of it. Sis was too, she cheered for me and my tree.

I don't know what I'm bragging about, actually. It's not any more difficult to grow an apple tree than it is to grow anything else, the apple is just unique in that it actually looks like a tree. Everything else, and I mean everything, looks like some strange grain. Whether you are growing cabbages, carrots, or tobacco, it will look like the same strange plant. Apple trees actually look like trees, for which I am thankful. Maybe one day Turbine will change the appearance of all the vegetables so that what you are growing actually corresponds to what it looks like you are growing.

No comments: