Friday, March 12

Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Last night, while Squid and I were questing, we hit 42. That is a grand number.

Anyways.

We did lots of questing in Angmar last night - and got several quests finished. We each got a nice 3-piece set of jewelry, our first two pieces of Fem armor, and we, as I mentioned before, reached 42. I would like to slow down and enjoy this level a bit, but we quested so much that we're both about half way through it and almost to 43 now. Oh well. Squid managed somehow to level up before I did, and she took lots of pleasure in holding it over my head. I don't know when but at some point she managed to get about two or three ticks (ticks being the unofficial measuring device in the leveling meter by which players can give an estimate of how close they are to finishing X level) ahead of me. She claims it is due to her habit of killing everything in sight, which is different from my habit of killing only those things which I need for quests or monsters that are in the way of what I need for a quest. She's probably right.

Angmar is a pretty dreary place - Squid called it emo - but I like it. The greyness can be calming. Even when you are running for your life from elite rare nemesis with ten times your hp, the whole place has a  sort of surreal atmosphere. Like this tree, in the middle of a pond. Everything is grey and ashy, and while I wouldn't drink the water, something about this picture relaxes me a bit.


Angmar also holds some rather strange characters. Take this guy for example: his name is Tasgall and he can be found standing under the aforementioned tree. Turning in a quest to him is what finally kicked me over the bar to 42, but after I had leveled I noticed something odd about his beard. Eww. Is that a growth? Not sure. You can't really tell from this picture, but he also is sporting a rather, erm, interesting color combination in the wardrobe department. While the Trev Gallorg of Angmar may live in skin teepes and speak with Scottish accents, they have all the color sense of a jaybird. Hooray. We also ran a quest with him and the very first thing he told us was not to let the rain break our concentration. Odd. Squid hammed it up though and kept responding to everything he or I said with "Huh?"

Apparently these people aren't happy with just wearing the outlandish colors themselves - they want everyone else to wear them too. Take a look at the spiffy knickers they gave us for killing some wargs or somesuch:
Oh my. Aren't we lovely.

Squid also saw her first three boxer last night. A three boxer is someone who plays the game on three different characters at the same time - which consequently requires three computers and three accounts. Someone must really love the game. This one in particular was easy to spot because when else do you see three Hobbit minstrels, all exactly the same level, wearing exactly the same clothing, and doing exactly the same thing? I'm pretty sure this is the same guy who three boxes on the moors alot - he has a set of spiders that spell certain doom for lone adventurers.

All in all, it was a grand night of adventuring, and once again, I cannot help but state how much I love running with Squid. ^.^ The loremasters are fun - and we are moving on up in the game, sure to become a formiddable force and glorious asset to the KotFP.

No comments: