Wednesday, March 17

A Brief Moment in Angmar

Tonight Squid and I ( yay Squid!!!)  ran around in Angmar a little more, thankfully acquiring the rest of our Fem set of armor, which for our level (still a wonderful 42!) is one of the nicest sets in the game. Getting it, however, was no easy thing,  as the chief of the Trev Somethingorother had us doing all sorts of measly chores for him. More than once we put ourselves in mortal danger, battling orcs and giant hillbeasts. He even had us run up to the top of some giant rock pile to gather some sacred rock. The Stone of Clucath. Why on earth are people in this game always misplacing their sacred rocks and aurochs skulls and whatnot? Seems like every week or so someone asks us to go retrieve their thing they lost or forgot or whatever, that is somehow vitally important to the pride/luck/prosperity/sheep shearing rates of the village. Sis had a little Peter Pan moment on top of the pile of rocks, right before she picked up Crannog's OhSoImportantRock.


But it wasn't all bravery and heroics. We also spent a good portion of the night running in terror from wargs and Angmarim baddies twice our size. Now that we have the set though, the choice ahead of us is whether to continue in Angmar for a bit or go ahead and move south to Eregion in preparation for acquiring our first legendary weapons.


Oh hai. Here is my clawz. Do you likez tehm?


I also take great pleasure in tormenting sis with my horrendous outfit choices.  I think she was checking her wristwatch here to see how long I could manage to dance around and manage to look like an idiot. Although, at that point in the game, her outfit wasn't much better than mine. We both have very, erm, interesting hats.
Ooh! Also take a gander at our shiny new staffs! (staves?)  Sis says they look like giant wooden lollipops, but I think they are cool. Better than the plain wooden sticks we had before.



Finally, we decided to move on, and frankly I was getting a bit tired from all that dancing. Sis also discovered the /mood emotes, which change the character's facial expressions. I love the /moods and use them frequently for no apparent reason.
This pic doesn't really showcase how outlandish and strange the expressions can be sometimes, but I saw this pic and thought it was hilarious.





In the end, we completed all of Crannog's silly chores, and got our final piece of Fem armor. I was greatly dissapointed to find that the Light set (which we as Lore-masters are forced to wear) doesn't look quite as impressive as the Medium or Heavy sets - of which, sadly, I do not have pictures. I do have pictures of the Light Fem set, which Squid was ecstatic to learn made a wonderful glowy whoosh whenever she put it on. I guess the robe isn't that bad. I'm just tired of robes. I miss having at least a nice thick leather breastplate and some leather greaves. Instead, I get coats and dresses. Why? Cause I'm a Lore-master, and we are too.... something, I'm not sure.... for medium armor. Boo.




 Also, in completely unrelatedness, I realized today that lotro sometimes does mirror real life. Squid is taller than me.  Only barely, but still.

No comments: